Cathleen is a gentle and loving dog. From her puppy years, she spent her life with a doting family in Prague, Oklahoma. Unfortunately, the circumstances of Cathleen's human pack changed, and they could no longer take care of the dog.
The family looked for another dog aficionado to adopt Cathleen. They found a willing household some 20 miles (32.19 km) away from their address. Just like that Cathleen found herself in a strange place.
Cathleen could not understand the abrupt change. She could not grasp the idea of a new home and a new family. What she did next was nothing short of sweet and admirable.
Cathleen walked all the way to his previous home. An animal control officer saw Cathleen loitering around her old neighborhood. She was obviously looking for something.
Since her old family could not take her back, Cathleen was returned to his new home. But she could not be deterred. A few days after her first escape, she did it again.
The animal rescue team who spotted Cathleen the second time she had escaped thought of a solution. They reckoned that it would be best for the dog if she lived far from her old home. Basically, 20 miles (32.19 km) are not enough to make Cathleen's spirits waver in her hopes of reuniting with her previous family.
Vets examined Cathleen. The animal rescue team and Cathleen's new family agreed on the new terms regarding the dog's future. Everyone was in agreement.
Cathleen was once again put for adoption. It did not take long before applicants came rolling in thanks to a local news feature about the loyal dog. The family that won Cathleen live in Texas.
In Texas, Cathleen will have four canine siblings and lots of area to roam around. She will be looked after by a loving and loyal family who promised to never abandon her. All's well that ends well.
Thanks to The Dodo
What to Do Next: Download Your Free "So You Think You Want to Adopt a Dog?" KitAdopting a dog is one of the most wonderful and rewarding things you can do, but it's not something to be entered into lightly. Before Making This Big Decision, You need to know:
- If adopting a dog is right for you (it may not be)
- What type of dog is best for you or your family
- What you need to be able to care for a dog
Download This Free Kit for Instant Access to:
- Why Adopting a Dog is the Best Thing You Can Do - discover 10 amazing benefits of adopting a dog, instead of purchasing from a breeder.
- Is a New Dog Right for You? - Use this handy worksheet to ensure you're ready to welcome a new dog into your home?
- How to Decide on the Best Dog for You and Your Family - This checklist will help you figure out exactly what kind of pet is best for you.
- Everything You Need to Welcome a New Dog into Your Home - Another handy checklist to ensure you're ready to welcome the newest member of your family.